Sunday, January 12, 2014

Home vs. Home

So over the two vacations that we had last Semester, I noted several differences between my home in Idaho and my home down here at college. I'm sure those of you who are or have been college students are familiar with these differences but here are some of the ones I noticed most:

Family Home: Don't have to pay for food. Also food is much more balanced and healthier.
College: Spend as little money as possible while trying not to starve. Occasional splurging.

Family Home: Have to manually turn on lights.
College: The bathroom lights are automatic and it's pretty much the best thing ever. 

Family Home: Get to drive places farther than two blocks.
College: Pretty much I walk everywhere..which theoretically is really healthy but still waiting to see that play out for me.

Family Home: Get woken up by siblings at approximately 8 a.m. because they think its time to get up.
College: Wake up to my and my roommates alarms and both of us snooze them for at least half an hour if not more. I should probably work on that. 

Family Home: Everyone goes to sleep at like 9:30 so I just sit in my room and Pinterest or read until I fall asleep around midnight.
College: Well I work from 8-midnight on weeknights, so I typically don't go to sleep til 12:30...1 or 2 on weekends.

Family Home: I don't talk to anyone or go anywhere. Over Christmas I saw like two of my friends from home, and both of those were within the last 24 hours I was there.
College: It's kind of hard to not see people.. I mean it's possible but that's boring. I meet new friends all the time. A few days ago a bunch of boys brought us our mail and one thing led to another and now we're friends. And they came over last night just for fun and stayed until curfew. That was exciting.

Family Home: I get lazy and sit around all day in my pajamas and only shower every other day.
College: Oh. Same thing actually. Sometimes I even go 2 or 3 days before showering. 

Family Home: I do homework. Haha that was a a joke. Once over break I had a paper due and I managed to get it done the night of. 
College: HAHAHAHAHA what is school? (to be honest I actually did pass all my classes last semester with pretty good grades, so obviously I do SOME homework..but yeah.)

Family Home: I do things like read and play the piano and play with my siblings.
College: I watch movies. SO MANY MOVIES! (Les Miserables at least once a week).

No comments:

Post a Comment