Sunday, June 29, 2014

Turn Right for the Chapel (Day 4)

Happy Sunday!! It was great to have a more low-key day of rest and spiritual uplifting. 
We are all assigned in groups of 5-7 to different wards of varying distances from the BYU Centre. My group is part of the Wandsworth Common ward, and it took us about 45 minutes to an hour to get there...once we figured out where we were going. This is the town where our ward meets:



And this is chapel:

(just to clarify, it's actually bigger than it looks in this picture..but whate'er)

I already got called to be the Ward Organist..that took less than an hour. But I'm used to that...it's a byproduct of playing the organ I guess ;) and I am happy to have a calling and be able to serve the ward. It is so small..and the ward is very diverse in ethnicity, but is mostly made of up older single women, which I was really surprised by. It is just so fascinating how different it is from what I expected. 

Other than church, I sat in the drawing room for a very, very long time looking out the window (now that I think about it, that was very romantically English of me..  Hoorah! I'm becoming cultured without even knowing it! ;) We can hope at least...) and we ate dinner and then went on another walk through Kensington Park. I will never get over how spectacular it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment