Friday, July 4, 2014

How I Celebrated American Independence (Day 9)

Well today was the first day of the whole trip that I have gotten to sleep in. No complaints about having a holiday from me! Today we were planning on going to see the Changing of the Guards, but we didn't plan very well, and also got lost, so we ended up just scrapping that idea for the day. We have plenty of time to see that later. We did however go to see Buckingham Palace. It's pretty much gorgeous. If I was the Queen of England that's where I would live too (although I would have all the tourists beheaded. Sheesh). But seriously, I'm down with the whole palace thing. We also walked through Green Park. It's called that for a reason. Just saying.



(I just like this photo because you can see how annoying all the tourists are)



Then we went to Spitalfield Market, which we passed on the first walk I did and have wanted to go back and explore. It is pretty cute, although because it wasn't the day of the major market there was not as many booths as before. I did eat some delicious Gobi Curry and also we split these amazing cupcakes between three of us. 

I ended up buying a few scarves (I do love me my scarves, that I can't deny). One of them is a huge American Flag..and it was the 4th of July after all.. Another was a Union Jack.. because well I am in England. What can I say?


Later in the evening, after we got home and I relaxed for a while, Kim and I decided to go browse bookstores, one of my favorite hobbies. That was a fun adventure, and it was topped off by going to this adorable bakery that I pass almost every day and getting some meringues and Mini Frasier cakes. It was a great ending to a fun day off!


No comments:

Post a Comment