Saturday, July 19, 2014

I Went to the Opera (Day 24)

To start off today's adventure, Kindal and I decided to finally brave the experience that is the Portobello Road Saturday Market. Luckily we went before the unbearable crowds showed up, but there were seriously SO many people on one not very wide street. It was pretty neat- it was so cool to hear all the different languages and see all the diversity, both in people who came to the Market and people who had booths there.
This afternoon was something I have actually been looking forward to a little bit: THE OPERA! We got to go inside THE Royal Opera House...the one and only. It is SO massive! I definitely did not realize how enormous it is until we got to our seats. I sat on the farthest row back in the corner, probably as far away from the stage as you can possibly get..and yet I could still hear the whole show (which is done entirely without artificial sound amplification) perfectly fine. Not that I could understand it anyway because it was in Italian. We got to see La Boheme, which is a CLASSIC, and includes the necessary heart-wrenching ending. I had a really great time, it was way more fun that I ever imagined it would be!
The View from my seat

Kind of hard to see, but that's the Royal Inscription

The Orchestra and the expensive seats

Seriously...THE Royal Opera House

No comments:

Post a Comment