Saturday, July 5, 2014

Woman In Black (Day 10)

Today was another day of lots of walking around and just seeing a different part of the city. We explored Covent Garden, another market-style place, but with a lot more permanent shops. Plus some Buskers (street performers) were singing Danny Boy in the square, which was just so great. I love listening to these casual street performers.. but especially the ones who are just doing it for fun (or at least it seems like it).

When I got back I fully intended to do some homework, but ended up getting distracted and there was dancing and music from Frozen and music videos and it was fantastic. Definitely better than homework. (Don't worry Dad, I did homework later :) ) 

For dinner we went to a restaurant called Tortilla, which was actually a California restaurant with burritos and tacos and such. Always good to have some comfort food every once in a while. Then we got the most delicious Gelato I have ever had in my entire life. Not an exaggeration. (Salted Caramel is the way to go). 

Side note, we are missing le Tour de France by one day, because we are going on a week-long trip. But the party has already started in Trafalgar Square.


The main event of the evening was seeing my first show of the trip, The Woman in Black. I guess the movie is terrifying, but the play wasn't nearly as scary as I was expecting. In fact it was much more funny and witty than scary. There were a few creepy parts, but mostly I just thought the ending was terribly perfect. One of THOSE plays... Probably one of the best parts was that we got discount tickets in the fifth row because we are students. So that's rad. 




No comments:

Post a Comment