Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I Accidentally Got Lost and Ate Gelato Twice (Day 21)

Class, class. Ah learning. I was actually kind of planning on spending most of my day in the Centre just trying to catch up on homework and such, and having a chill day. Which I guess I kind of did anyway, but it really is just so hard to focus on doing homework when I think about the fact that I am sitting in a drawing room in a real house in the center of London. You would think that would wear off eventually..but it still hasn't. 

I did actually get quite a bit done, but after a few hours I was going stir crazy and just had to get out for a little bit. So I decided to go to the National Gallery to do my assignment for the day. Of course everyone was gone by this time, but I really like going to the Gallery on my own, and as long as we aren't going out of the city it's totally OK for us to go out alone. I know my way around pretty well, but I decided that I could get there faster by getting off at the stop just before the one I usually take...and I guess I was wrong...and I ended up kind of wandering around the area around the Leceister Square Tube Stop. (Just in case you are actually concerned, I was only like a block or two away from the tube stop, so if I had really wanted to I could have retraced my steps..I was just being stubborn mostly and trying to figure it out on my own). As a happy result, I stumbled upon the most legitimate Italian Gelato place probably outside of Italy. I mean it was legit enough that the entire menu was only in Italian..which seems like a pretty good sign in my opinion. And it tasted amazing..I had chocolate and pistachio and it was so great. Mmmm.


I did make it to the Gallery a few minutes later, and saw what I needed to see. Then I came back and actually did more homework and such, until it was time for dinner. (I sometimes seriously wonder why I don't just make a food blog because that's basically all it is ever). We had mashed potatoes and baby corns with some yummy green vegetable and peas and fish cakes. So delicious. 

After dinner, I did more homework and after that got to be just too much, Kim, Kindal and I went on a little walk..and ended up at Gelato Mio again..eating more Gelato. Seriously this one has strawberry that tastes exactly like fresh strawberries..none of that artificial stuff from the US. Here is a picture of a face that sufficiently expresses my combined love of Gelato, and horror that I am developing a minor problem:

No comments:

Post a Comment