Sunday, July 20, 2014

Some Spiritual Reflections (Day 25)

Today was another wonderful day in the Wandsworth Common Ward, complete with my one little Sunbeam and playing the Organ in Sacrament Meeting. It was a very relaxed day and I had some good time to ponder and reflect on some things. One of my best friends reported to the MTC for his 2 year LDS Mission in Boston this past Wednesday, and it has given me the opportunity to step back and think about the Gospel and my testimony of Christ's teachings as I bade him farewell for two years and continue to prepare for my own missionary service.
The Sacrament Hymn that I played today was 193: I Stand All Amazed, and as I was playing and reading the words I was very impressed by the second verse. It reads: "I marvel that he would descend from his throne divine, to rescue a soul so rebellious and proud as mine, That he would extend his great love unto such as I, sufficient to own, to redeem and to justify." This is something that I think about a lot as I ponder the gift that is the Atonement of Christ and the blessing that is His Gospel. We must have a divine purpose and divine roots because I can think of few other reasons why He would suffer to save us all. He truly does love each and every one of us, and I need to remember that and strive to appreciate and be more grateful for all that He has given to me, and to serve those around me and follow His example.

No comments:

Post a Comment